Tuesday, June 5, 2012

First Blog Assignment





Apalachicola, Fl

Hey group! I am fairly new to blogging so please bear with me. For my location, I picked Apalachicola, Fl, which is quite possibly one of my favorite places to visit with my family. We recently went for vacation this summer and had a great time! It's on the Gulf Coast and the water is always incredibly blue and full of different types of fish and other sea life. Fishing, shrimping, and harvesting oysters are a very big part of life in this community. Apalachicola has been labeled one of the best places to harvest oysters. This area was affected by the Deepwater Horizon oil rig spill and has finally received compensation that was distributed from the BP company to help them cope with the aftereffects the oil spill caused for their community.
Thanks guys and hope everyone's having a great week!
-Jena Palmer


No comments:

Post a Comment